Monday, June 29, 2015

Lake Padden Triathlon

Wow. Those 22 weeks passed so quickly it was unreal.
This is me and my uncle Greg who decided to come up from Seattle and join me. He kicked serious ass. 

It was a floating start with waves of 50 people 3 mins apart. It was so hot already the water was a relief, it felt so good. Didn't even take my breath away when I dunked down to get acclimated. Yes I chose to swim sans wet suit. I forgot to bring it one day a few weeks ago when I met up with some teammates for a swim and realized swimming with out it worked better for me. 


 Exiting the swim.  Time= 9:51 Looking for my husband, obviously the lady in the hat right in front of me was blocking him from my view. haha
T-1 = 3:41

Coming back in from the bike. Ride time = 51:22 
Exiting T2 = 1:59 Really cool to hear my teammates and coaches chanting my name! 


Coming on into the finish! Run = 39:23 
Post race photo-op! 


The temperature was record setting for this race. 83 and higher in some places on the course. Two of my teammates in the Competitive division ended up in the medical tent and subsequently having EMTs called to assist in their care. The heat and previous medical conditions combined were not good. No one was carted off in the ambulance and they stuck around to cheer the rest of us in the Recreational division! 

One of my teammates won the Recreational Athena division! Kudos to her, she really rocked the course! 

I had a great time. I have to say thank you to my coaches on Team Train or Tri - Mo Trainor, Becky Prikril, and Adriana Klein and all of my teammates. They were never anything but encouraging and supportive.  I felt totally at home out there on the course. My body and mind just knew just what to do. I know I could have pushed a bit harder but the heat had me scared to over do it.

Overall time = 1:46:14


My goals were to FINISH, HEALTHY and STRONG! Mission complete! 

4 comments:

Amanda Kiska said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda Kiska said...

Remember Wayne's World? I feel like Wayne and Garth bowing and chanting, "We are not worthy!"

You are a super star! I am blown away!

Wow! just, WOW!

Julie said...

AWESOME Sarah!!! I am so very proud of you!!! You did so wonderfully and you did what you set out to do, finish. YEAH for you.
Blessings Sarah

Tracey@bariatricfoodforlife.com said...

you're so awesome
It looks like all your hard work paid off
Tracey