1. Wow it's been a long time since I've posted, huh? All I can say it's been really busy around my house for the past few weeks.
2. Since recovering from Ragnar I have continued to run, bike, and elliptical to my little heart's content. As you can see from my ticker I am at 1,280 miles for the year, just 720 to go! And 131 days to do it. That's an average of just over 5 miles/day.
3. Instead of waiting until the last week and scrambling to get all the kids school stuff together I spaced it out over the past couple of weeks. Still need to get the actual supplies and shoes for everyone but the clothes are taken care of.
4. Having four kids is *expensive*. Not complaining it's just that back to school (and Christmas time) are big reminders of that.
5. We're coming into the busy season for my work which is good because I can use all the hours I can get! I have actually been kicking around the idea of applying for another part time job to either supplement or take over if the schedule/hours was just right.
6. I got a new ride! Woo Hoo, which is another reason I need another job/more hours. I really didn't want to give up my Suburban but it had some serious electrical problems that I just couldn't afford to even try to fix. So we traded it in on a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. We are loving it.
7. Weight has been stable. Seems 150 is my number, don't think I'll see 140 again and that's OK.
8. I've decided that as soon as I find a local duathlon where the bike portion is a rode ride I am going to sign up. There are two coming up in Sept/Oct but the bike part is trail riding which my bike can't handle.
9. My next race is the Fairhaven Runners Waterfront 15k on September 14th. Registration is only $25 right now if anyone wants to join me. *wink*
10. 6 sleeps until school starts! WOO HOOOOOOO!


1 comment:
Very busy in deed. I can completely relate. I have 4 little ones myself. 4 children can be extremely expensive especially during "peek" times of the year! But all very worth it! Good luck with the race!
Post a Comment