Thursday, August 29, 2013

Ten Things Thursday

1. It's day #2 of the 2013/14 school year y'all. All the kids were up early and got ready with out a lot of drama. No worries people, this too shall pass. LOL

2. I won't get an actual day off until next Tuesday. I think I'll work out and then spend the rest of the day napping. Yeah right.I wish.

3. An opportunity has presented itself for a 2nd job but the hours are nights/weekends which Andy is dead set against. I need to talk to the shop owner some more about the details.

4. The twins both have male teachers this year. I didn't have my first male teacher until 6th grade. Lydia has already decided that "Guy teachers don't really care what you wear." so she wore pajama pants yesterday and again today. smh

5. Averill has two children with peanut allergies in her class, one was in her class last year so I know the drill but it's still nerve wracking packing her lunch and trying to keep it as residue free as possible since I pack 2 others with peanut butter sandwiches.

6.  I really don't know how you full time working folks make sure you carve out time for working out. I really need to start getting up earlier or something. Between my heavy workload and volunteer obligations I went 4 days straight last week with out a work out/run. No bueno.

7. Hunting season is opening! Andy will be traveling to the East side of WA to bow hunt deer this weekend. Modern firearm season doesn't open until October and is another thing giving me pause about trying to get en evening job. That's when I hunt.

8. I am slowly getting my family into the routine of helping me out around the house. I started a rotation of unloading the dishwasher and while some still sometimes whine & complain when it's their day it gets done. Working on a laundry plan right now. I will wash & dry, they will be sorting and putting away their own plus linens.

9. I really need to leave for work, I've got a lot to do today and not a huge amount of time to do it. :)

10. Have a great day everyone! :)

2 comments:

Justawallflower said...

Annalyse has her first male teacher as well (third grade). Someone must be putting the word out that the male teachers don't care what you wear. Problem is, she has to wear uniforms. I had to tell her, HE may not care, but the school does!

FreeJulie said...

We're back to school, too, our first day was Tuesday. I think our school just outright bans peanut butter in the classrooms! I haven't had a year where they were allowed to have peanuts.

Our elementary school only has one male teacher, in 4th grade!