Monday, November 11, 2013

Trouble Reconciling

On one hand:
I am training my ass off for my marathon in February. I get hungry, furiously and often. I know I need to fuel my body so I eat.

On the other hand:
I am very conscious of everything I eat, though I don't track calories I just "know" I'm eating too much.

I've put on about 3 lbs. I'm sure it's some muscle but I'm pretty sure some fat has crept back on as well. Feeling a little thick around the waist, if you know what I mean. Jeans a bit tight, muffin top creeping over. Maybe I'm not getting enough and my body is hanging on to fat in "starvation mode" maybe I'm just getting too much and despite my work outs I'm not burning it off. The former rather than the latter being more likely in my honest opinion.

All I can think to do is adjust myfitnesspal goals and  start tracking again. And adding in good quality calories not just blow pops and gold fish.

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated!!


3 comments:

Dawnya said...

But goldfish are so tasty. I'm so proud of you...preparing to run a marathon. I love it.

You are very good and determining what is going to work best for you body. I have no doubt that you will figure this out and make it work for you.

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Try replacing goldfish crackers with actual goldfish (way less fat).

Julie said...

Tracking is the key, at least I'm finding that out yet again. And I like Jack's comment though I'm pretty sure I'm not going to eat a real gold fish. :o)
Take care Sarah. Just wanted to stop by and say hi.
Blessings!!