Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Overwhelmed In a Good Way

Big changes are happening at Andy's workplace. It's pretty much all done and public now so I can say that the facility that he works at was recently sold. Everyone was offered employment with the new company and was given a raise and a "signing bonus" which is wonderful! It also means that all of our benefits are changing. Long story kept short and private we're going to have some money coming in and we have decided to treat ourselves and the kids to a Hawaiian vacation this summer! We have dates pretty much picked out so we'll be there the week preceding and including my birthday!

 Here's my #firstworldproblem .... what island do we go to? Once we've chosen the island where on said island do we want to be? I am looking hard at booking through Co$tco just because it lumps airfare/hotel/rental car all together in one east transaction. The three islands we are considering are Hawaii, Kauai, and Maui. We're only looking at staying 7 nights so I don't want to bounce islands in the middle of the trip. Andy wants to take Wyatt on a deep sea fishing trip, I want to go to a luau, and we all want to sink our toes in some sand.

Anybody have any insight or suggestions?

3 comments:

Jen said...

Maui! I've been to Oahu and the big Island too, but Maui has been my favorite. You are going to have a blast no matter which one you choose!

Dawnya said...

Sarah...you shoudl ask Stephanie from Dream of Skinny High Heels. She has a Hawaiian vacation coming up soon. She has done it before and she used to live on the island. She might be able to give you some insight.

Congratulations to Andy on his raise.

I'm so excited for you and your family.

Beth Ann said...

I haven't been, but that sounds awesome!!! Yay!