Thursday, May 28, 2015

Middle of Week 18 of 22, WHAT!?

Where have I been? Riding, running (a little), swimming, camping, busy with the family, and so on and so forth. Things are going OK.

Swimming: Honestly I haven't been getting in to town to do my On Your Own swims the last few weeks but I have been going to the coached swims. I am confident in my ability to swim my .25 mile at this point. I had a mild panic attack in the pool last week practicing buoy turns. Went out too hard, got to breathing heavy, took a wave to the mouth, had a thought, "Oh God if I do that in the lake it's going to be duck poop soup." Totally grossed me out. I swam out to the side a little way and rolled over on my back to calm down. Already planning on starting at the back of my wave and taking my time on race day.

Riding: I can see a lot of improvement in my riding. I lost quite a bit back in March being sick for 2 weeks, when I went to my first outdoor ride I was still recovering. That day was a 17ish mile ride. Hills galore. I thought I was going to have to walk but my coach stayed with me and I pushed through. The next week was a run/bike/run day. I had to skip the 2 run my lungs felt scorched after the ride. I was dunzo. Since then we have ridden that route again and while I really wasn't any faster I  was stronger for sure. The hills didn't seem as tall or long and I still had energy when it was all said and done. I felt a lot of equipment envy on the last ride and have opted to get a road bike. It's on order and should be in next week.

Running: I have been plagued by problems with my low, low back after running sometimes even after riding but not as severely. It gets really stiff and sore after a workout sometimes immediately but usually not until after I get off my feet for a while. Nothing taking the next day off doesn't usually fix fairly well but annoying and painful. I got a referral to see a sports massage therapist she gave me some exercises to try which of course I have procrastinated doing so they haven't had a chance to help. My own fault I know.

We've taken 2 camping trips already. The first one we took just our son. We rode bikes everyday. The second one we took Lydia, she woke up with a severely infected fingertip on the first day which because of our remote location required a 45 minute drive to the closest ER. (Lanced & Rx antibiotics) We did one short bike ride on our last day but mostly just hung out with each other. It will be Averill's turn next sometime following the race (June 27) since my weekends are booked with team trainings until then. She'll have had her cast off for a while so she should be good to go. (She fell and broke her wrist 4 weeks ago.)

Hope all is well in your worlds.

Live, Laugh, Love!


2 comments:

Tracey@bariatricfoodforlife.com said...

Busy girl! I could totally nail the swim but I'm off my bike with a hip injury and I hate running. No tri for me I guess.
Tracey

Amanda Kiska said...

Dang! You're a stud!

I love my bike :)