Thursday, February 18, 2010
Change in progress
OK so I've decided it's high time to start working on my main self esteem issue, my weight. I'm five feet tall and weigh 232 pounds. I don't feel as fat as I look in pictures but I know I look awful. Back in early 2003 I started using Slimfast and walking on a treadmill for up to an hour a day. I lost approximately 50 pounds in 7-8 months. I was down around 200 at that point and man did I feel good about myself. It gave me the courage to go in and have a breast reduction done. I lost a little more and maintained it until I got pregnant with twins in late 2005. I was at my pre-pregnancy weight the day after they were born. It was then I quit working to stay at home. The weight has crept back on slowly since then. I've had the best of intentions since then, bought a double stroller for walks with the twins but when they were 1 year old we bought our house in the boonies. No place safe to walk without loading up the babies and stroller and going somewhere else. Borrowed a bike trailer, same situation though and the babies hated it and would scream and cry after only a few minutes. Never got lucky enough for them to fall asleep during a ride or walk. Got a treadmill but could only walk if the babies were sleeping, I kept imagining little fingers caught in the belt or seeing a baby bounce down the belt into a wall. It got moved out to the garage where eventually one of our dogs chewed the power cord rendering it useless until it's replaced. I also had a membership to Curves. No childcare, no workout. I paid $40 a month for almost a year and only stepped foot inside when I transferred my membership from our old town and then when I canceled my membership. I suppose I could have tried harder to find child care or set up a schedule but I really didn't want to. Most recently I've been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and a bone spur in my right foot. With custom shoe inserts, a night splint, and stretches the pain is slowly getting better and less frequent. This post is kind of rambling right now so I'll get to the point. Last week I talked with an Herbalife consultant. I know it would work but the $$ is more than I can afford. So I decided to go back on the Slimfast plan and have started working out with our Wii Fit. Hopefully I'll start to see some results in the near future. I am already mentally feeling a bit better about myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment