My husband had his gastric bypass surgery on March 5th. Surgery went well, no surgical complications. Had some other complications not foreseen by either of us or the Drs. They will resolve with significant weight loss and surgery later but for now he's in constant pain. Kind of a bummer to be around. He's down 60+ lbs since be started the pre-surgery diet. It's really starting to show, his belly is flattening but the biggest difference is in his face and arms. Amazing. I have to admit I am fucking jealous. No it hasn't been easy for him. 2 weeks of liquids only, 2 weeks of soft food, and now he's been easing back into normal food. But he only takes a few bites and is done. My exercise/diet plan routine went by the wayside while caring for him. With four kids to wrangle and him laid up on the couch their just wasn't time for me to take care of me. I was up everyday by 6am and was asleep by the time my head hit the pillow no matter what time I laid down. I was Go-go Gadget Lady. Everyone needed something RIGHT NOW as soon as I was doing something for someone else. Take a fucking number people! He went back to work April 5th which was the same day our older two kids started Spring Break. Yesterday was the first day in almost 6 wks that I had only the two younger kids at home with me. Amazing how less trashed the house got and how much quieter it was. I need a weekend away by myself. I don't necessarily want to go do anything just sitting in a hotel room alone vegging out watching movies, taking long baths, reading, and eating room service (or delivery) would suffice I think.
I am trying to get re-motivated to get back on the Wii Fit this week. Not sure if that's going to happen. AF came a week early. Just my fucking luck. Oh and I'm either coming down with a cold or suffering from allergies too. Blah
On a more positive note we have our garden starts going and some of them have even been transferred out of the green house into the garden. Our front yard is going to be gorgeous this year, we have potted rose bushes, whiskey barrels that will have lilies & gladiolas, hanging baskets of petunias, and a couple of pots w/ petunias and african daisies. Mowing season has started which means I'm on point. We hired a guy to do our ditches since they're too steep and deep for me to work in. I can barely lift the weed whacker as it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment