Still haven't been back on the Wii Fit. Hubby is now down 80+ lbs. He is spry and energetic these days thanks to me figuring out he was protein deficient and getting him protein shakes/bars & some other supplements he needed. Now if I could just do the same for myself. I am so much better at taking care of those around me than myself. I recently found out there is a gym relatively close (next town 10 miles away) that has childcare. Not only do they have all the equipment and trainers but they also offer classes like Zumba! Dancing the pounds away sounds fun to me but I don't think I can afford them. Heck, I KNOW I can't afford them. I pay the bills, I know exactly what's coming in and what's going out. There is no room for a gym bill. *sigh*
Tonight I'm starting the Couch to 5K program, I enjoyed cross country running when I was younger so I think I'll hit the trails in the wildlife preserve that's nearby. A plus to this is that I'll virtually be alone. No one out there to see me huffing & puffing. hee hee I WILL do this for myself. I have to, absolutely have to. I will just walk out the door and go do my thing. Let the selfish husband deal with the kids and house for a change.
Did I mention I am severely fed up with him right now?? No? Oh, well I am. And no it's not about his weight loss, I can't begrudge him that. It's how he's been choosing to spend his time when he's not at work. The kids & I never seem to come first, it's whatever his hobby of choice happens to be. Most recently he bought a fishing boat. It was supposed to be a family friendly hobby. Yeah not so much, at least not yet. We've all been out on it once, our maiden voyage onto Puget Sound. It was not a fun trip. Engine trouble left us putting back to the harbor under 1/2 power after about 20 mins. I was on the brink of an anxiety attack thinking I couldn't save all the kids if it sank even though we were all wearing life jackets. We were in no danger of that happening but these are the things a mother thinks about. He's been out 3 times since then taking one of the older kids each time. In between if he wasn't at work, he was fiddling around with the boat or going shopping at the marine store. I am no shrinking violet when it comes to letting him know what I think and feel about it either. He says all the right things when we talk about it but nothing ever changes. You'd think I'd be used to this after 13 years of marriage but I'm not.
Wow I feel better already.
No comments:
Post a Comment