Thursday, May 13, 2010
Good news!
The clinic verified my insurance coverage and Lap-band is a covered benefit for me! And I was right, they are however out of network so they'll only pay 80%. I'm OK with that because the way they have a flat fee rate for the procedure, anesthesia, and such that also includes all band adjustments for the first 13 months. The only place I could go in-network (90% coverage) would charge about the same for the initial procedure and then each adjustment would carry a cost as well. I think it all even out money wise and I like the feel of the smaller clinic. You're not just a number on a chart passing through the building on any given day. They can even do all of the pre-req appts for me. They said I could schedule all 3 of them on the same day since the clinic is 90 miles away from me, now I just need to figure child care for an entire day so I can do that. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Sarah! From one newbie blogger to another: HI!!! You seem super nice and I'll be back to encourage you along your weight loss journey! I had the gastric band done in February 2009 and I've had great success with it! I have lots of information about the band (including all the pre-surgery appointments that you need to go through and stuff) on my blog if you're interested. You're going to love having the band. I'm really excited for you! Also...I think you said you're at about 225 pounds, right? I was 225 when I got the band...and I'm down to 147 currently...and still losing!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
Cheers!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net
Post a Comment