- I've been doing research as far as half-marathon training goes. Most programs are about 12 weeks long, I have something like 21 weeks until my race so until I get closer I won't be following a strict running plan. But knowing I'm registered is a constant reminder to stay focused.
- I added Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred back in the mix as my cross training. Ohhhh boy, I did level 1 on Tuesday and my quads, hamstrings, and butt are still barkin'. I'll do it again today then take Buster on a long walk, like I did on Tues. He actually ran with me yesterday, we did 3.47 miles.
- My hunting season opens this Saturday! I've got all my camo outer wear & clothing all de-scent washed, I wish had some dirt scented dryer sheets, but we're out so I just had to used unscented. Just like Laura I did undies, a bra, & socks. I'll be showering with anti-scent body wash/shampoo until I bag my deer too. Laugh if you will but it must be done.
- Since I am shooting slugs and not buck shot this year we went to the range last Saturday and verified that my shot gun sight is in alignment. Hit a bulls eye with my first shot, thank you very much.
- The weather is finally turning into Fall here. Up until just a few days ago we were still hitting almost 70 during the day. Almost unheard of for October in NW Washington! Now we're in the 50's. It still hasn't started raining yet though, but it's coming.
- Homework struggles are in full swing. Wyatt being my hardest case right now. I'll literally spend hours coaxing & fighting to get him to do what he needs to then the little ass "forgets" to turn it in several days in a row. WTH? You did the work, get the credit!!!
- On the subject of the kids everyone is healthy again. *knock on wood*
- Cooler weather means it's crock pot cooking time! I love crock pot cooking! I love to visit Stephanie O'Dea for inspiration at A Year of Slow Cooking.
- I also do some baking in the cooler months as well. I'm still learning but I can make a killer french bread!
- My Garmin battery is on its way out. I can barely get in an hour work out before it starts complaining and then it shuts down with out warning. I have found that it costs about $75 for Garmin to change it out or less than $10 for a cell phone battery that will fit but has to be kind of Frankensteined in there if you are brave enough to do it yourself. I think that's what I'll do I just haven't gotten around to buying the battery. Oh and my dad will install it, not me. He's techie like that, me not so much.
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Ten Things Thursday
Yo, yo, yo! It's time for 10 Things Thursday courtesy of Laura Belle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Bag me a deer while you're out there! I'm totally impressed with your survivor woman-ness.
I wish you lived in Texas... I'd totally change your Garmin battery. I do that all the time at work!
Nicely done on the bullseye. ;)
Isn't being a great shot wonderful. We spend a Sunday a bit ago shooting and I blew my hubby away (not really, you know what I mean). I don't deer hunt but I do grouse and pheasant hunt. I have issues with the big eyes and long lashes. :o)
Good luck with your training. Good luck with your menu.
Take care Sarah and have a blessed evening!
Post a Comment