Friday, October 5, 2012

No Goal = No Plan = No Focus

I like clear goals. I like to know that what I'm doing has a purpose and has a verifiable outcome. While my miles run, elliptical-ed, hiked, and ridden have been adding up I can't help but feel adrift. I have my 1400 mile goal for the year which I am well on track to make and that's good, but I haven't been focusing on the quality of my workouts like I should be. I stopped cross-training a while back when my pilates class ended for the summer. I crave cardio so that's what I do most days and it's not good to rely on cardio only. I need a clear goal and to set a plan in place to get there. I need to achieve balance in my work outs. I need to train *for* something.

This morning I bit the bullet and registered for the Birch Bay Half Marathon. February 17th, 2013, baby! I will be ready!!

Anyone care to come up an join me?

Live, Laugh, Love!


4 comments:

adorkbl said...

Oooo LOVE the goal!! :)

Julie said...

I can't come and join you Sarah but if you come up with a plan I would be interested in training with you from Minnesota. I need a plan also and right now am just floating along on that front.
Good luck preparing, I know you can do it.
Take care and have an awesome weekend.
Blessings!

Rhonda said...

Have you ever tried a body pump class? I heard those are excellent for muscle tone, etc. Never having done it, I have no idea. But it could be a goal! Try one of those classes. :)

FreeJulie said...

I may come up and do that with you! Let me check my kid-custody calendar for that weekend!