Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Seattle Concert & a Strange NSV

Saturday night myself, Holly, her BFF, and my future sister-in-law (May 4th is their big day!!) went to see the Black Veil Brides at Studio Seven in Seattle. Oddly enough my daughter with purple bangs and enough black eyeliner on for at least our entire group wasn't the strangest looking one there. hahahaha! Anyway the show was to start at 7pm, doors were to open at 6:30. We pulled up at 7pm and the line was wrapped around the building, they hadn't even started letting people in yet! And of course it was raining!!! We let the girls out to get in line and went to park. Thankfully my sil drives a small vehicle and we found a spot about a block away that my Suburban would never have fit into. We finally got inside a little after 8pm. The second (William Control) opening act went on shortly thereafter, we totally missed the first one (To Paint the Sky). The girls took off to the main stage area (no seats, standing room only) and Mackenzie and I headed up to the bar. The atmosphere was much calmer up there and it was a little less crowded. We watched the show on a TV while sitting at a table that was vacated before BVB came on stage. Not a bad concert, not really my style of music but not unbearable to listen to. It was very, very loud even with my 28 decibel ear plugs in. There of course were some characters to look at and sleazy girls to make fun of but I won't go into that.... you had to be there. :)

We made Holly leave my camera in the car thinking they wouldn't allow it in (realized later the memory card wasn't in it so she would have been s-o-l anyway.) but there were tons of people filming and taking pics with their phones so Mackenzie poked around and took some video and pics for Holly.

Show let out just before 11pm and we high tailed it for Krispy Kreme, I had my first ever hot off the conveyor glazed donut. What a little circle of heaven that was!! MMMMMMMmmmmmm Then we went back to my bro & sil's for the night.

As for the strange NSV I was grocery shopping. A nice man held the dairy case door open while I got my half 'n half so I smiled at him, he then told me I am very a beautiful woman. He followed that by telling me to make sure I told my husband, "He's a very  lucky man and he should be sure to treat you well and like you are special or I will." I just kept smiling and saying, "Thank you." as I walked away. I have to say that nothing like that has *never* happened to me before. Andy wasn't as impressed as I was, silly jealous man. hee hee

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a sweet thing for him to say! A good looking man held a door for me yesterday and winked at me. It made my DAY!

Sarah