Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ten Things Thirsday


  1. Dammit I had this all done to #10 when Firefox crashed and lost it.
  2. My oldest daughter has been diagnosed with depression. She has been in counseling through her school and they recommended putting her on an anti-depressant. I took her to the pediatrician last week who did just that. Yesterday was day 5 and she's already been switched to a different one because of the side effects she was suffering. Hopefully the new pill will be a better match for her chemistry. We're also looking in to counseling outside of school as well. Anyone out there ever deal with teen depression? I just want to do the right things for her and get her through this.
  3. Being a mom is hard.
  4. I signed up for my next race, I will be doing the 15k portion of the Birch Bay International Road Race again. My goal is to beat my time from last year. In order to do that I need to run sub 10 min miles all the way through. 
  5. I started speed training this week. 
  6. I am really, really looking forward to our trip to Nashville. Without giving away the details I'll just say that it's coming up pretty soon and we're not staying at a Motel 6. :)
  7. Some of the performers at the Grand Ole Opry are posted for the show we're seeing. Total unknowns to me but there's still time for them to book some big names and you never know who might just happen to pop on stage right?
  8. Maya started Grad School this week. It goes beyond basic obedience and introduces agility equipment. Fun stuff and she's a smart little cookie. 
  9. Been working a lot in the past few weeks. Seasonal change over. Being the card lady is a lot more stressful than I ever thought it might be. 
  10. I bought these cute little boots at Kmart on clearance the other day just for our trip. As long as I keep my pant legs down I think they can pass for the real thing.





Live, Laugh, Love

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Aww! Cute boots!

My son has had depression, thanks to his cancer, for years. Vitamin D and Zinc have really helped. He doesn't take his antidepressants anymore and has come a LONG way! Hang in there Mama....

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

FreeJulie said...

Ugh, being a mom is so hard. Those are very cute boots!

jennxaz said...

being a mom IS hard---love the boots!

Laura Belle said...

ohhhhh my where do I start with Teen Depression. Being that I was a teen once, and depressed. I kinda know a lot.

First off, getting her on meds and counseling is THE BEST THING EVER! The way my depression works is that I'm actually missing chemicals in my brain that help fight depression. So I HAVE to take meds everyday or I'd be a raging alcoholic/hooker if I didn't.

Tell her that depression is normal! And LOTS of people have it. It's a disease, just like any other, and can be treated! It can also be cured for some, but for me it can't.

Tell her to be completely open with her counselor. If she doesn't trust that person, that person can't help her. And if she doesn't feel comfortable at first, tell her to talk to YOU, and you can relay it to the counselor. Just get her to open up to someone. Letting it out helps.

Also, exercise and being outdoors helps. It truly does make me feel better. Even it's just walking to the mailbox.

I hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

Being a mom is hard. I wish it were easier. And for me, the daughter is the hardest.... the boys are easier emotionally.

However, my girl dog, Sydney, is easy (smile) we did some Agility courses together and it is great bonding and fun.

Love the boots and jealous about your upcoming trip.

Angela @ Honey, I Shrunk the Mom said...

So sorry to hear that about your daughter. And you're right, being a mom is hard. Really, really hard some times. :( I hope you are able to get her meds straightened out soon.

P.S. Love the cute boots! Have a great trip!