Friday, February 8, 2013

Horizontal Stripes!?!?!

Me & my Averill who dresses like a candy cane several times a week!
We spent our Friday night at the local mall. Yeah, the mall. We've been home nearly 2 hours and my shoulders are finally starting to release their grip on my ear lobes. Getting a chunk of cash from the government makes me go a little crazy. Each kid needed a few pieces of clothing and/or shoes so we made a big trip out of it. While in Old Navy (after getting leggins for Miss Av, who hates jeans) I hit the clearance racks in the back. This dress jumped out at me my first thought was, "Cute but not for me." then "But you never know!" quickly butted in. I showed it and a solid red dress to Andy and he insisted I try them on. I really thought the red one would be a more flattering cut but it wasn't. I got compliments on this striped number from a clerk and a random stranger in the dressing room, especially when I came back out with my boots on with it. I almost put it back but Andy wouldn't let me. When we got home I tried it on again with my shape wear on. It made all the difference, smoothed out all the little imperfections I saw and turned it in to a whole different dress for me. Can I just say, I haven't worn anything with a horizintal stripe in many, many years?  Just goes to show you never know when a NSV will show up!

2 comments:

Julie said...

You are beautiful!!! Just beautiful!!
Blessings Sarah~

Sarah said...

You look AWESOME!!! Wish I could find boots - I'm afraid that even if I get in the low 100's, I'll never - NEVER - find boots to fit my calves (LOL)!!! Keep up the amazing work.