until my first half marathon!!
My training schedule called for a 13 mile run yesterday so I mapped it out, got my support person (Andy) prepped, and set out. He met me at mile 8 with gummy worms and a pep talk. I was on a second wind until mile 11, mile 12 was hard. I wanted to walk soooo bad. I stopped caught my breath, drank some water, stretched, and made small talk with a hiker. Then Eminen's Lose Yourself came on the shuffle. This song kicks me in the ass every time! Let me tell you, that last mile back to the truck was uphill most of the way and when the song ended I was a mere 1/2 mile from done, I walked for a second, bumped the song back to play again and took off.
13.11 miles in 2:34
When I got home I refueled with chocolate milk and a homemade cinnamon roll. :) Then I took a hot shower, used my Stick and foam roller. I slept pretty good last night aside from getting up 3x to pee. LOL I am sore this morning but not unbearably so.
I now know for sure that this race is within my capabilities. I'm also sure that I have no desire to ever run a full marathon. LOL

2 comments:
What is the stick and foam roller?? I'm intrigued as to how to keep from getting too sore when I start to train for my half marathon soon..
:)
Kick ass on the time, btw..
Oy! Only two weeks away?! I am so sorry that I am too lame to come up and run with you. :(
Post a Comment