Sunday, July 21, 2013

I Am a Ragnarian!

That was the most brutal 36+ hours of my life. Run, Drive, Sleep? repeat says it all. I got no sleep. Dozed a little here and there but no solid sleep. Ate very little and what I did eat (aside from dinner on Thurs night) was either bagels, peanut butter, Clif bars, or candy. There was one apple in there too somewhere. hahaha





There is so much to tell about. I need to digest it all before I try to write about it. (I'll also have to steal a bunch of pics off FB from the start and middle of the race too.) I hopped in a van with 5 strangers and spent 2 days with them getting sweaty & smelly. I didn't have an anxiety attack or break out in hives, I did sweat uncontrollably even when not running but whatever. It was brutally hot at times. There were tremendously hard uphill climbs. I have a blister the size of a nickel under my left big toe. I got passed, a lot. I held up my end of the deal, I all ran my legs at my estimated pace or better. I finished strong.



2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Sarah, I am so proud of you. You went, your did, you completed. YEAH!!!
Can't wait to read more.
Take care Sarah.
Blessings!!

Stasha said...

Way to go!!