Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Run of Bad Luck & In Need of Help

I was just getting back into the swing of things in the past couple of weeks since my calf tear was healing well and not bothering me anymore. Then this past Friday I was taking the lawn mower bag out to the compost pile, stepped into a hole of very soft mud and rolled my right ankle really bad. Ouchies! Back on crutches for that afternoon and all day Saturday. It's still swollen and feels a bit loosey goosey but I can walk on it now. The longer I go the worse my limp gets. :( Nothing to be done but rest at this point. Taking a husband ordered pajama day today. (We had a busy, busy weekend & Monday despite the injury.)Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something? Slow down perhaps? Take bike riding more seriously? Take up swimming?

Abstaining from running and my other favorite forms of cardio are taking a huge toll on my weight. I saw 170 lbs on  my home scale the other day. (It says 167.3 today) That's 30lbs up from my all time low and 20 up from where I spent the last 18 months. No, no, no to the hell NO! Inactivity is just one part of it, I know. I'm also eating like I don't have a lap-band or any self control. I've been running with only 2ccs for nearly 2 years now, I've been Yellow Zone this whole time but I was in better control. I truly believe marathon training  did me no favors in that arena. I knew I needed to eat, had to eat even, to fuel my body properly. I did, oh boy did I eat. I let carbs back in. The training ended, the race happened and 18 weeks of eating like a mad woman didn't. Everyday I get back on the wagon, I eat a bandster breakfast, a bandster lunch, then fall off the rails with snacks (bad carbs) in the afternoon, a bandster-ish dinner, and fall back off the rails with evening snacks (bad carbs, candy, junk). This has.to.stop.

I am admitting I need help again. I got the Lap-band as a tool for weight loss, it's time to employ it once again. I made an appointment for a fill for tomorrow.

I've been tracking on Myfitnesspal but only sporadically. This needs to change as well.

I'm looking for some accountability help here fellow bandsters and readers!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

If you want it, you've got it! Give us an update of how it's been going since you're back to tracking! :)

Michele A said...

Sarah, I totally feel your pain with the eating and training as I am in the same boat. We have to eat to fuel our body but when the training is not at the levels that we had been doing we kind of forget that and eat just to eat. We had a bad winter and I made every excuse not to run, bike or swim and wa la just like that I am up 25# and eating EVERYTHING that is not nailed down. I had to have an un-fill in order to stay properly fueled but just made an appointment for a fill next week as well. Good Luck and we can do this.... I hope your ankle gets better and you can get back to feeling like your self...

FreeJulie said...

You are such a great ally to have in my life - we share so many of the same struggles (and successes! Good stuff, too!). I have been really feeling like a WLS failure of late, and it is helpful to me to see you working through your challenges, too. It's motivating, rather than allowing myself to feel like I'm the only one who struggles.

I am really grateful for your honesty and your perseverance in taking control again. Thanks! I needed to read this today.