Friday, April 25, 2014

Fill Update

It had actually been nearly 3 years since I've been in! (In my previous post I had said 2.)

Their scale put me at 165-166 lbs, it was fluctuating and I'm not sure what the med assistant wrote down. The LNP  put 1cc of saline into the syringe then pulled out what she could from my band just to check the level. I was supposed to have 2ccs on board but she was only able to pull 1.5 out. I think the other .5 was left in the tubing or band itself personally she was going to correct my records to reflect the smaller amount. It was fun talking to her as she has run a marathon and is a triathlete. And she totally understood the change in eating habits during training :)

She ordered 2 days of liquids, 2 days of mushies, and then I can return to normal food. When I got home I zipped over to Rite Aid to grab some protein shakes and was having a tough time deciding what to get. I didn't want to buy a 6 pack of anything not knowing what they tasted like for sure so I stood there hemming and hawing for a while. Finally a clerk who I am acquainted with from when I worked the cards walked by and said hello. We talked for a minute and she pointed out the single bottles in a cooler across the aisle. Bingo! I grabbed 2 Muscle Milks, 2 GNC Total Leans, and then in the cooler in the back got 2 Gatorade Recovers. The Muscle Milk and GNC were tolerable with a slightly chalky texture but the Gatorade was actually pretty good. Reminded me a lot of just chocolate milk. Pretty smooth. I haven't used shakes since my pre-band diet and the 2 weeks of recovery immediately after surgery. Back then I had bought a bag of Bariatric Advantage powder which was OK but nor great.

Now I need to decide if 48 hours from the fill is enough time which would mean I can go to a mushy dinner tonight or just wait until tomorrow morning. I had forgotten how lame a liquid diet is and how bad head hunger can be.

Still working on getting back to tracking on Myfitnesspal.

3 comments:

BandedIceGirl said...

liquid diet is the worst, I am going for a fill on Monday and am so not looking forward to the days after (Im a huge stress eater and am in the middle of finals next week, will be interesting for sure). Have a great weekend :)

Beth Ann said...

So very lame! I will be in that boat tomorrow for a few days.

Aunt Murry said...

Ugh Head hunger!
I use Syntrax Nectar, you can get single pouches at BJ's Bariatric for next time. http://www.bjsbariatrics.com/