Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Long Time, No Post

But it's not all bad news. Yes I've been struggling. My last reported weight here was 177lbs, I bounce up and briefly saw 180lbs. ugh. Last weigh in I was 175.9lbs so I got myself headed in the right direction finally. That is about to change though.

In the beginning of December I signed on with a team to train for and participate in the Lake Padden Triathlon on June 27th, 2015. My coach is Mo Trainor and the team is called Train or Tri. She has the next 21 weeks laid out for me as to what I need to do on a daily basis to prepare my body to swim 1/4 mile, bike 11 miles, and run 2.6 miles in rapid succession. Three days a week we have either a coached swim, spin class(until the weather is better) or a ride, or running drills with the team. Three days a week I do one or more of those disciplines on my own, and we have one day of rest. She drilled into us that this is not the time to be shorting the body calories and nutrients trying to lose weight. Hence my shift in focus. I will not let myself go willy nilly like I did marathon training by just eating whatever whenever. I will still track but I have changed My Fitness Pal calorie goals to a maintenance status. My composition and shape may change but I am not going to be actively trying to lose fat.

Still planning on the Hot Chocolate 15k on March 1st. Got some work to do between now and then to be prepared but I think I have it in hand. :)

Live, Laugh, Love!




2 comments:

Julie said...

So glad the see you Sarah.
You have a lot to train for but I have lots of faith in you. I know you be amazing.
Good luck Sarah, take care and have a blessed week.

Beth Ann said...

I would so love to train for a triathlon, but it scares the crap out of me. I can't wait to follow your training!!