Monday, June 8, 2015

Week 20 - Putting it all Together

Healthy. Strong. Triathlete.

That's what my goal is to be at the end of this 22 weeks. At this point I think I can already say that I am all three.

This past Saturday we practiced the course. The complete course with Transitions and all. I rode my new bike. Meet Whopper Jr:


She and I shaved 8 minutes off my time on the bike course. :) My ass is still killing me. Probably not the smartest move to get a new bike and not keep my old saddle but oh well. No pain, no gain. I guess.  

Honestly I've been most afraid of the swim but on Sat it was the easiest for me. The bike portion was good, I dropped my chain once but it only took a second to pop back on. The run was the hardest. I can see my lack of training there but all in all it wasn't bad. I completed the entire thing (.25 mi swim, 10 mi bike, 2.6 mi run) in just about 1:45. Great considering all I was really hoping for was not to bust the time limit! 

I'll be missing a run practice tonight for my son's 8th grade graduation and reception. Guess I'll have to get out on my own later this afternoon. 

Did I mention I'm running Ragnar NW Passage again this year? :) 

Live, Laugh, Love!

Get out there and do something!

5 comments:

Tracey@bariatricfoodforlife.com said...

Good job. You didn't inhale any goose poop? I know you were worried about that. ha ha
You're amazing.
Tracey

Tracey@bariatricfoodforlife.com said...

Dear Sarah,
Please forgive my "goose poop" comments. I swam in the lake today and the whole time, I was freaking myself out. "There's goose poop in here, I'm going to get giardiasis, a fish just nibbled me, a boat will chop me into pieces and I will become fish poop." So, I'm not so brave after all and You are a star because you can get out of the water and bike and run some more.
Hugs and apologies,
Tracey

Jo said...

You are awesome! I always wanted to do a tri but I'm no swimmer. Thanks for stopping by today.

Julie said...

WOW Sarah, I love that you can do all of those things. Swimming for me is dog paddling or treading water....not good there. Biking, it hurts. I have a knee cap that was replaced and it doesn't allow for long biking but I still get out there and make me survive a few miles now and than. Your running amazes me, you are so good at it. You go girl. You will be awesome!
Sorry I haven't stopped by in awhile, just my life for now.
Take care Sarah and God Bless!!!
YEAH!!! for 8th grade graduation too.

Amanda Kiska said...

My 8th grader is graduating tonight too. Congratulations to your son!

And yeah for new bikes (but not sore butts) and good practice runs!