In other news my mother-in-law has left the driveway! She had planned on leaving in November but her sister is having gastric bypass surgery on the 16th and she is to be her post-op care giver. There are so many things that could go wrong in that situation I'm not even going to poke a stick at it. She has already decided that she will not be coming back to stay permanently in the camper. Fine with me, however, she left it full of her stuff that I now have to deal with on her behalf. We're talking literally hundreds of pounds in fabric alone along with quilt magazines, clothes, books, and other odds and ends. She boxed what she wanted shipped (but didn't ship it) before she left and did *nothing* with the rest of it. I blame her cancer for the whole ugly situation, chemo really did a horrible number on her brain and left her a different person. It seems to have diminished her good personality traits and amplified the bad ones.
I went out for a run on Saturday with the mindset of making it a long run and by that I mean at least 6.2 miles or 10k. Including my warm-up, cool-down, and a little breather in the middle I did 7 miles in 78 minutes. Not a bad pace, but a long time to be doing laps around my neighborhood...my mind wandered a bit and I took note of the things I was smelling off and on...
1. Cigarette smoke -- gross, hate it, and I can never tell where exactly it's coming from...a window? porch smoker? Are they watching me?
2. Fishy/beach/sea air -- Don't really care for it but that's what I get for living next to a tidal creek.
3. Bacon -- YUM! Makes me want to keep doing laps so I can keep smelling it.
Wyatt is much, much better. He still has a cough of course but his energy is coming back and he's gone back to school. Hallelujah!
Holly's eye trouble seems to have resolved itself. I guess the threat of glasses cleared it right up!
Shrinkvivor Week 1 ends tonight. I logged
11 sleeps until deer season opens!!
It looks like the women of B0OBs had an all out fabulous time in Chicago! I am so happy for you all and just a tiny bit jealous. *wink* Maybe next year!
I'll weigh in and update in the morning!
Edited a typo in my exercise minutes...must not have cleared out my calculator. Oops!
1 comment:
Sarah,
I'm glad to hear the the kiddos are doing better. Wyatt has had a rough few weeks.
OMG. Let's talk Bacon. The stuff is delicious...and usually gets stuck for me. However...this weekend...there was an entire BOWL of bacon at the restaurant. To say I indulged would be an understatment.
The job that works with your scheduld will come along at the right time.
I'm sure your weigh in will go great. Congrats on logging that exercise.
Post a Comment