Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Catching Up

Summation of the majority of October for me and mine:
  • As I mentioned my son was diagnosed with pneumonia a few weeks ago, he's all better now. Then 2 weeks ago Holly received the same diagnosis, she started antibiotics on a Friday but woke up feeling worse on Sunday. She landed in the ER for a breathing treatment and fluids, that was a loooong 5 hours, the first 3.5 just waiting to be seen. She missed 2 wks of school and is going to have to bust her hump to catch up but she is much, much better. Then last Monday Averill started sounding croaky and sick. I crossed my fingers it was a simple cold but it just got progressively worse and worse until 4 am on Saturday when she woke me. She had a coughing fit in her sleep and vomited. Poor baby. I got her an appointment at the pediatric after hours clinic where a chest x-ray confirmed pneumonia.  Today is day 5 of antibiotics for her and except for the residual cough which can take a while to resolve she's getting better. I'm already dreading the bills for all these x-rays and the ER visit. *sigh*
  • Being exiled from Shrinkvivor killed my motivation and while I am still on top of my exercise I have totally slacked on tracking my food mostly because I'm not being careful or particularly good. Doesn't help that this week is "mean week" and I have very little self control over my cravings and I made the mistake of pre-purchasing Halloween candy. Twice. No worries, my weight is stable & I'm making good progress on the toning up.
  • I haven't brought it up but we've had problem after problem after problem with the motor on our boat since Spring. Long story short the original crapped out, we bought a replacement that also appears to be a lemon, had the whole thing taken to the boat shop after hubby got stranded in a very dangerous situation out on Puget Sound to be "fixed" again. Then the effing boat shop broke the trailer axle pulling it back into their lot after a test run at a lake nearby. They sent us an estimate for the repair to the tune of $1400!!! Um HELLO...YOU EFFING BROKE IT, YOU FIX IT AT YOUR EXPENSE!!!! Hubby is ready to go to war! We have insurance but it's on our homeowners policy which means a $1000 deductible. I still don't have the other $400 and besides THEY EFFING BROKE IT, not US! 
  • Hubby had some vacation time that had to be used up before the end of the year so he took 3 days off last week. The timing was intentional to line up with duck, pheasant, and deer season. Great in theory but it meant he and he alone got a mini-vacation. He could go out and do his duck/pheasant thing all by himself while I stayed home with all these sick kids. We were barely a blip on his radar. He actually had the nerve to have a slight attitude about going to the ER with Holly because he was tired. I could've throttled him!
  • My saving grace has been running and getting to go hunting myself. There is some public land very close by that has what we think is an ideal set-up for black tail hunting...a platform built 10-12" up in a clump of trees overlooking a field with an apple tree directly across from it. It's exactly where I harvested my buck last year and hubby 2 yrs prior to that. It's just a matter of being there when the deer are. :) The weather is perfectly yucky to make them move and move early...wish me luck!!
Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

3 comments:

Nora said...

I feel like I am hearing of many more people getting pneumonia than in prior years. Maybe I just didn't deal with as many people in my pre-blogging life. Regardless, sorry to hear that your children are sick. Very stressful! As for the boat shop, what a brilliant way to grow their business... break something and then charge the customary to repair.

Rhonda said...

Oh no, I hope the rest of the kiddos don't get it! Can't believe how selfish men can be sometimes. Sigh.

Amanda said...

Goodness!!! I am so sorry about the sick kids! I have pneumonia just recently and I can't even imagine have three little ones have it!

As far as the husband goes..revenge is what I like (I might be evil) Mini vacation for you soon!