Monday, April 30, 2012
New Motivation
It's been 18 days since my last run. I have been resting my achy ankle. The soft tissue around my bone spur in that same foot has been irritated and aching off and on as well the ankle pain is getting better but comes back if I do too much. I've been icing and taking ibuprofen a couple of times a day for a while now. I have an appointment with a new podiatrist on the 17th, I think I'll be taking it easy until then at least. Dr Google isn't a good thing. The last time I started researching I was convinced that it was tendonitis in the tendon critical to holding up the arch of the foot. Today's research has me worried about a possible stress fracture of the medial malleolus. It's definitely not nothing. Now my dilemma is do I lay off the elliptical now too? Not running is making me a grumpy, grouchy mess already. Mama needs to get her sweat on!
Anyway, as titled above this post is to be about me gaining new motivation. I returned my 2nd pair Brooks Defyance 4 to Zappos due to them wearing differently than my first pair. My refund came in this morning so I went down to Fairhaven Runner's & Walkers to get refitted. I walked out with these fabulous Nike Pegasus+ 28's. If I screw up and start running again too soon it may be a very, very long time before I get to wear them again. SO I will err on the side of caution and save them for a healthy foot/ankle day.
Live, Laugh, Love!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh..they are lovely!
So super cute!!
I like!!!! I hope your foot/ankle feels beeter soon.
Do you have access to a pool? Aqua jogging is a great alternative to road running. The guy that teaches the class here trained Carl Lewis in aqua jogging.
Don't rush it, you can do some serious damage!!
Those shoes are super cute.
I hope the foot issue is nothing serious. Keep resting until you see the Doc...and stay away from google. LOL
Post a Comment