Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ten Things Thursday!

Following Laura Belle's lead here's my ten things. :)

1. Last week was Spring break for my kiddos hence no post. I was busy being driven crazy. Thank goodness they are back to school this week. I can already see this summer is going to need to be a bit more structured than summers past or there may be blood.

2. I started taking a pilates/yoga class Tues/Thurs evenings at the local parks & rec facility last week. Not surprisingly the class has been small. Class is lead by a nice gentleman with a background in ballet, pilates, yoga, running, and martial arts. Interesting fella! I paid for the full 8 ($40) classes for the month and am hoping they sign him up to teach classes next month too. If not I may go back to the gym for their pilates/yoga classes. Cost is the same, distance from house about the same just the opposite direction.

3. The weather here in the Pacific Northwest is finally turning Spring-like. We had some temps in the low 60's, YAY! I mowed the lawn for the first time this year last week. We're starting to think about what we're going to put in the garden and my flower pots this year.

4. Hubby and I have started biking again. Off to a slow start since he's been so busy but we hope to do a lot of riding this summer.

5. Hubby has been super, super busy with work and then volunteering to head up the local archery range. It's on land owned by an aluminum company (Intalco) and leased back to the public through the WA Dept of Fish & Wildlife. The Custer Sportsmen's Club is the "parent" organization. He's been going around to local businesses asking for donations for door prizes for the 3-D shoots and trying to drum up volunteers to help him whip the range into shape for summer. Of course this means I'm volunteering as well. I bring him lunch while he's out there working on the weekends and will act as registrar/cashier/score tallier at the 3-D shoots as well as accountant after. 1 down, 3 to go! I look at it as therapy for my shyness and anxiety around strangers.

6. I have never shot a bow.

7. I have a pain/ache in my right ankle that I am sure is running related. It's right at the tip of the outside tip of the tibia. Not sure if it's a tight tendon or muscle or I just need new shoes again already but it's part of the reason I signed up for yoga/pilates. I've been stretching,  heating, icing and taking NSAIDs when it aches, new shoes are next on my list.

8. Knowing I'll lose focus with no goal to make with my running I have set my sites on running a half-marathon in September. http://www.skagitflatsmarathon.com/ I think I'll give myself the registration fee to myself for my birthday. I used my 15k time and the Smart Coach on the Runner's World website to create a new training schedule for myself. It's going good so far, though I did skip my first long run due to my ankle last weekend.

9. I have 2 "slow" miles (supposed to be 11:45s) on my schedule today and I'm still in my jammies and it's 11:30am. Forcing myself to run slower than my usual is just as challenging as going faster.

10. Remember that challenge I entered into with my cousin? I'm supposed to log 1000 miles for 2012 and he was supposed to take 135 yoga classes. He has revamped his goal to 183 workouts for the year. I think I'm OK sticking with my goal at least for now. I'm at 297 miles so far which puts me right on track average wise, maybe even  just a tiny bit ahead. :)

Live, Laugh, Love!

6 comments:

Banded With Favor said...

So envious of your running faithfulness!!! I loath running, but admire those who enjoy it and faithfully practice their art...Good for you on setting a new running goal too!!! Your MFP is off the charts with activity girl, you are an inspiration!!;)

Tina said...

You go you..and I would pick up that bow. I was really surprised that it was fun when I finally did at a girl scout camp a few years ago.

Happy Spring!!!! We are seeing some blue skies finally in Oregon as well.

xxxooo

Rachel said...

I have GOT to get running. Thank you for the running inspiration!!! xxx

jennxaz said...

man quite a few bloggers are trying this yoga thing...I may need to join all the rage!

Andrea said...

That's great about the half-marathon!!!

Laura Belle said...

I put in my garden a few weeks ago, and it's already sprouting! I can't wait for fresh veggies!!!

I've never shot a bow either. I tried my hubby's once and couldn't even pull it back. I'll stick with my gun, i think! lol