I also missed 10 Things Thursday last so let me fill you in on what's going on around my place.
- As I said above I took Holly dress shopping for homecoming. She found a simple black long sleeved dress and chose red accessories. Black on black Vans for shoes. We also made a tulle underskirt (No sew tutu style.) thing for a pop of color. Homecoming in Anchorage where I grew up was casual, no semi-formal like here. I need to order a boutonniere for her boyfriend.
- Andy successfully harvested a black-tailed deer with his bow last Thursday night. He made a great shot and was able to track her down. We kept the tenderloins and back straps and took the quarters to the butcher for processing into steaks, Landjager, and Italian sausage.
- I took my bike in for her 30 day inspection/tune-up and picked it back up. That means I drove and parked in downtown Bellingham twice in as many days. It's the little things people, the little things.
- Averill's class had another field trip last week. We walked up to the local grocery store and got a behind the scenes peek. The kids' favorite part was the freezer. LOL
- I'm healing well from my fall last weekend. My palms no longer have open wounds, the road rash on my left arm is all but gone, and the bruise on my left knee got worse before it started to get better but is now fading. It still hurts to put pressure directly on the knee cap but otherwise doesn't hurt. My left middle finger however is being stubborn which is probably just the nature of finger injuries. It's not swollen anymore but it still hurts to bend it or put a lot of pressure on the tip.
- I took a bike ride back by the scene of my fall on Wednesday and I'll be damned if there was no pothole there. At least not where I think I fell. So maybe I just tripped on my own damn shoe/foot? I dunno, doesn't really matter but I really thought I stepped in a hole.
- Two weeks ago I gave away a bunch of clothes that were given to us by my cousin (Boy stuff; too big for the twins, too small for Wyatt.) to a woman I had just met at a birthday party. Then late last week a neighbor gave us a full sized fridge that a renter had left in her house when they moved out. It's a perfect garage fridge for storing extra stuff. Good karma is a good thing!
- Andy took Wyatt out for his first pheasant hunt on Saturday. This is big because while Wyatt has gone along on pheasant hunts before this is the first year he has been a licensed hunter and he paid for it himself. You see, pheasants are not native to our area so to be able to hunt them here they must be pen raised and released by the Washington Dept of Fish & Wildlife. If you want to hunt them you have to pay for a special license, for a youth $42. Do you know how many chores he had to do to make that kind of money? More than he's done since he bought it, I can tell you that! Hahaha
- 19 days until gun season opens. I need to sight my shot gun in for slugs and take a few practice shots. Guess who is going to the gun range soon?
- I hear Fit-bloggin is going to be in Portland, OR next year. I so want to go, hopefully we can swing it financially. :)
1 comment:
Glad you weren't hurt any worse in the accident!!
It is so funny what little kids find interesting. I remember a field trip we had to Taco Bueno when I was a kid. I thought that was the most awesome thing ever.
Post a Comment