Friday, September 7, 2012

Ten Things Friday

Sorry but Five Things Friday wasn't going to work for me today so I've bastardized Laura's theme.


  1. We've been hit by the first germs of the school year. Kids starting falling like dominoes starting on Saturday to sore throats, runny noses, coughs, & headaches. I had 3 stay home on Tuesday & 2 home on Wed. I woke up definitely sick yesterday crashed at 8:30pm slept until 6:30am. Woke up hoarse and still tired, took a 3 hour nap before the kids came home. 
  2. My dad is working on my laptop for me. Hopefully he can get it up and running again with the new SSDrive and OS my cousin provided. *cross your fingers!*
  3. Speaking of my lack of personal laptop, I have been reading all of your blogs on my Kindle and trying to leave comments when ever I can. I beg of you all...please, please, please turn off the captcha verification. If I don't get it right the first time I give up and move on, as much as I'd love to leave you a comment I get frustrated not being able to decipher those things on my tiny screen.
  4. Andy's hunting trip to the East side of WA was not successful so he's hunting locally for black tail which is the only kind of deer we have around here. 
  5. Now that I'm thinking of hunting, the mount of my buck from last year should be ready in about 3 weeks! I am soooo excited to get him back, I'll post a pic when he gets here.
  6. Yesterday instead of resting/napping like I should have been I harvested apples from the tree in our yard. I brought in about 15 lbs. I picked the nicest ones for the snack fridge and turned the rest into pie filling which turned out to be about 5 lbs after peeling and coring. I made the yummy, nummy, not good for us at all pie at the top of this post. I have enough frozen to make one more pie.
  7. Ok, this next thing is kind of embarrassing and icky so if you don't like spiders skip to #8....So after I got done prepping the apples and cleaning up I went to take a shower. I got undressed: pants/underwear first, sweatshirt next this is important. As I dropped the sweatshirt I felt something on my butt, thinking it was just a piece of fuzz or wad of hair (from the laundry, of course) I reached back and grabbed it. Much to my surprise it was a huge spider! ACK! Must have hitched a ride on my shirt from the apple tree because he most certainly hadn't been in my undies all day, or at least I hope he wasn't. *shudder*
  8. There was a drug bust in my neighborhood this week. I'd post a link to the article but I don't want to broadcast my exact location. Suffice it to say that the meth cookers/sellers up the hill finally got busted after at least 2 or so years of operation. There's a lot more to the story and unfortunately all the icky people aren't gone but it's a start.
  9. This is hilarious.
  10.  Nothing to report on the band front. Weight was down 2 lbs on Monday. My mileage has dropped off due to lack of bike riding. I got my sweat on out on the pavement on Monday, the elliptical on Tuesday, and the treadmill on Wednesday. Nothing yesterday or today due to being sick. Hopefully I'll feel up to something tomorrow. 
Make good choices!



7 comments:

RockBand Barbie said...

I rarely get sick from school germs. I think teachers build up some kinda freaky immune system to kiddie germs :) Hope you all get back to 100% soon!

jennxaz said...

yikes! the spider story made me instinctively clentch my butt

Amy said...

ewww....SPIDER BUTT!! I would've freaked out!! Oh, and uour pie looks so yummy!!

adorkbl said...

YUCK with the spider. *shudder*

And LMAO at the bad lip reading. hahaha. Dude.. why would you slap a fish? hehehe

Rhonda said...

HA, I laughed entirely too much at that video. And you poor thing! I hope spidey got flushed!

Harmony said...

Love the bad lip reading. Thanks for the giggles.

Reggie said...

mmmmm, pie! nomnomnom