Monday, November 19, 2012

Friend Makin Monday

This is my first time participating in Friend Makin' Monday hosted by Kenlie over at All the Weigh!

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Thanksgiving Edition
 
1. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?  Years ago (and for a long time thereafter) there was a James Bond marathon on TV on Thanksgiving Day, when we were not visiting with others we had it on all day. A couple of years ago I actually ordered a boxed set of DVDs because they weren't playing it on TV.

2. List at least three dishes that are on your family’s table every year. Mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, dressing, black olives, bacon wrapped water chestnuts

3. Do you prefer pumpkin pie or pecan pie?  I don't have a preference I'll eat either one.

4. Will you watch football on Thanksgiving Day? No

5. Do you plan to exercise Thursday?  Yes

6. Do you prefer ham or turkey?  Ham but I don't say no to turkey!

7. Will you shop on Black Friday? No way!

8. Do you take a nap on Thanksgiving? Not usually.

9. Share one dish that probably won’t be on anyone else’s table.  Bacon wrapped water chestnuts

10. What are you thankful for today?  I am thankful for my good health and the good health of my family especially my 93 year old Pop-pop who has traveled down from Alaska to visit and spend the holidays (including Christmas!) with our family down here in the Lower 48!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopped over from FMM - I've never had bacon wrapped water chestnuts for Thanksgiving. Interesting!

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Thanks for stopping by. It's nice to meet you. I look forward to following along. Happy thanksgiving!!

MBFL said...

I have never heard of this, I might have to check it out.

Unknown said...

Nice to blog meet you! Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by! Looking forward to following your blog! That is amazing that your pop pop is traveling from Alaska at 93!! Hope you have a fantastic time with him and the rest of your family!

Unknown said...

I have never done this either.. I'll do it the next time.. this is just an awesome way to meet new bloggers. thank you so much..