Monday, December 3, 2012

2 Week Recap - Crud & Puppies

So it's been what, 2 weeks since I posted last? Phew! Let me recap what's been going on around here.


  • Maya is now 10 wks old. She has grown and gained 6+ lbs and  is even with Buster for the moment. I'm sure by this weekend she'll weigh more and by next weekend she'll be towering over him. Boy parenting a puppy is a lot of work. I swear she has some 6th sense about finding crayons to chew up and eat. She steals shoes, stuffed animals, socks, towels, and just about anything else left in her reach. I am constantly redirecting her to acceptable chew toys. 
  • Averill, Wyatt, & I came down with the crud last week. It's some energy sucking crap virus that lingers and forces your body to produce copious amounts of mucus. blergh
  • Averill wasn't up for it but I thought I was so Lydia & I ran in her very first race on Saturday. It was the Holiday Lights Bash, supposed to be a 1 mile family fun run, the map I did of the course put it more like .88 miles. We hit Dollar Tree for some accessories and went and had a good time.



Our town's Christmas tree, the lighting ceremony was after the race. :)

The start!





Her sprint to the finish!


  • I have a job interview tomorrow morning! Couldn't be more excited, it's a great opportunity with flexible part time hours. Wish me luck! And cross your fingers no one who can't stay home alone is sick!
  • We are partially decorated for Christmas. We're skipping a live tree this year and will just put up the 3ft fake we have. (On a table away from the pup!)
  • My weight is up and I'm not happy about it. May be a combo of water loading trying to flush this sickness, poor eating choices, lack of exercise for the last 5 days, TOM coming soon but still it's not good. I only stepped on the scale to weigh the dogs and was shocked by what I saw.
  • I have 93 miles to go on my 1400 mile goal and just 28 days left. If I can just kick this crud I may actually be able to make it.
  • Andy and I installed the dishwasher my folks bought us for Christmas yesterday. It is soooo nice, way nicer than we would have purchased ourselves for sure. Our old one was pretty bottom of the line GE and had just had the heating element replaced under a service recall. The tech pointed out that the wubba-wubba sound it had been making for a long time was actually the motor bearings going out. Estimate to fix was more than the machine cost in the first place. Their very generous gift couldn't have come at a better time and we are very, very grateful!
  • My first baby girl, Holly, turned 15 on Friday. Still hard to believe it's been 15 years! She's a great kid and I love her dearly. Still maintaining that 4.0 gpa too!
  • My boy, Wyatt, shot his first Canada goose last weekend. He plucked/gutted it himself and we took it over to our butcher to be smoked.


He's the Man!




 So, that's the last 2 weeks in a nutshell. Hope your Holiday Season is off to a good start!

 Live, Laugh, Love!




























6 comments:

Kelly said...

Fingers & toes crossed for you! OMG - that goose.

jennxaz said...

good luck on the interview..hope everyone feels better soon. and a smoked duck sounds devine!

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

Hope you kick the crud soon!

MBFL said...

Good luck on the interview. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Evil Pixie said...

I need to get up there and check out the Christmas tree! Good luck on the interview! All my fingers and toes are crossed for you. :)

Dawnya said...

That picture of you and your daughter is adorable. I've followed your journey and I know that weight you put on will be gone in not time...because you don't play that mess. LOL

Congrats on the job!!!