I took Wyatt in to see the Dr yesterday because he developed quite a nasty cough overnight after having been mildly sick for about 2 weeks. They were suspicious of Pertussis (or Whooping Cough) so they swabbed his nasal passages, prescribed antibiotics for him AND all the other kids. Andy & I had to go through our own Dr but we're on them too. Lucky me, it's only day 2 of the Z-pack and I am already suffering side effects. The test results won't be back until Monday so we won't know until then if we really all needed it but by then we'll also be done taking medication. Small price to pay to keep from getting sick and/or exposing anyone else. Thankfully we don't hang around anyone with babies or toddlers or anyone with a suppressed immune system so we didn't expose anyone at high risk for complications if he indeed has it. I have no idea where he might have picked it up besides school or just out in public in general. He hasn't been anywhere on evenings/weekends besides out hunting with his dad or the local dollar store.
And just in case you were wondering, he was vaccinated on schedule as a young child but was due for a booster this year.
***Edited to add:
Just got calls from the Dr's office and the county health department, his swab came back negative!!
No comments:
Post a Comment