I took the 12 on 12-12-12 challenge posted by Run with Jess. I knew I needed to ride my bike because my right knee has been bothering me since running 6 miles on the treadmill on Monday. I wasn't sure when I set out if I'd do 12k or 12 miles. At the 5 mile mark my knee started to feel wonky again so I stopped at 7.7 miles which is just a bit longer than 12k.
Speaking of my knee, anyone have any experience with water on the knee? I think that's what's going on with me. It felt just fine on the treadmill on Monday, no pain, no stiffness, nothing. I got done, stretched some, hopped off and walked back in the house. It was when I was walking I noticed that it felt a weird. The best way I can describe it is how my finger felt when I jammed it when I fell while running a couple of months ago. (I am only very recently able to form a complete fist with no discomfort/trouble from that finger.) There is no visible swelling but the joint inside feels fat and slow. I'm not limping. There is no clicking or popping and no acute pain. I don't think I tore anything, I think it's an over use/training thing, I was using the incline on that particular run which I hadn't been doing because I think it's also what caused or aggravated the tendonitis in my ankle last year when I was training for my race. Damn incline! Guess I'll be taking it easy for a while. *Rest *Ice *Compression *Elevation
In other news I am now 51 miles away from my goal with 19 days left to do it.
Live, Laugh, Love!!
1 comment:
Lady, you're doing GREAT with your challenge. :)
Don't have any advice about the knee, but I hope you get to feeling better!
Post a Comment