- Work is going well. I pretty much have the hang of the everyday stuff and will get another trial by fire on the seasonal set-up/take down come February 15th. Can I ask a favor of all you lovely folks out there in blog-land? When card shopping please, please put any unwanted cards back where you found them. And don't steal envelopes. Thank you. Sincerely, Your Local Card Lady
- My twinkies are in rehearsal for a production of The Aristocats. There are 50 primary school students (1st & 2nd graders) and 70 elementary school students (3rd-5th graders) plus student helpers from both the middle and high school. I signed on as a volunteer parent but wasn't called on. I think I got lucky. That music teacher must have the patience of a saint.
- Wyatt had his first band concert last week. 6th graders, 4 months of practice, 7 notes, it was almost tortuous.
- Holly is still maintaining her 4.0. I am so, so, so proud.
- Another round of illness went the house 2 weeks ago. Andy was the last to fall ill and fell the hardest. Bronchitis complete with antibiotics and an inhaler. We're all better except for poor Holly who seems to have picked up another cold.
- Maya is growing like a weed. Darn near 30 lbs. Puppy kindergarten is going well, we're working on sit, lay down, stand, and heel. She's getting it!
- My first half marathon is coming up in less than 3 weeks! I am in full blown training mode. Eating well, water intake is great, running every other day, elliptical-ing on off days, stretching, foam rolling, etc, etc. As of this writing my PR for a distance run is 12.04 miles. It was not easy and the last mile back to the truck was the absolute hardest mile I've ever run. It felt amazing!
- I received my most meaningful piece of jewelry aside from my wedding set from my brother's girlfriend last week. It's a stainless steel ring embossed with "ONE MORE MILE" on the outside. I cried when I saw it. She's the first person I've met in real life that get's my running, like really gets it. I met her for the first time over Christmas and really like her, I hope they make each other happy for a very long time. :)
- Here's where she bought it if you're interested.
- I will be traveling with Andy for a business conference to Nashville in a couple of months. I'll be free during the day so if you live in the area and are interested in meeting up for breakfast, lunch, a run, or something let me know via a comment or an email and we can talk about it. :) We will be seeing a show at the Grand Old Opry, I just need to find out which night we're not obligated to be at a company dinner. :) :) :)
- I was intrigued by my sister-in-law's invitation to participate in the Seattle to Portland bike ride but I have decided I just don't have the time to commit to that kind of training with everything else that's on my plate.
- Duck/Goose season is OVER! And not a moment too soon, I was about to become homicidal. Hopefully this weekend Andy will get all his gear cleaned up and the decoys all put back up in the garage rafters so I can actually walk through there without tripping on them.
- I got new running shoes! Went with Mizuno Waverider 16s. They are a lot different from anything else I've ever warn and they made my shins sore the first couple of runs but I'm used to them now. Love 'em! And they're hot pink with neon green accents! Can't beat that!
Live, Laugh, Love!
1 comment:
Shoes sound cool! great job running and good luck on race!
Post a Comment