- Work harder on getting back down to my original goal weight of 140! I was focusing too much on the number on the scale & it was messing with my head so I quit weighing. I feel healthy, I look good and my clothes fit and that's what matters so that's what I'm trying to focus on now.
- Acquire a weight station (Bow flex or something similar)and begin weight training. Life has been happening and I still haven't picked up a weight machine. My paychecks are small and I've chosen to put things like an oil change for my truck and dress clothes for my brother's wedding ahead of this machine.
- Learn and rock my new job! Got it!
- Tone & tighten This has taken a back seat to working and life in general.
- Run/walk/bike 2000 miles! I've reached 605 miles so far and I have 31 weeks left to go. I need to average 45 miles/wk or about 6 miles/day from here on out to make it. *wink*
My younger bro, Nate, surprised us all last month when he took a road trip to clear his head and wound up here in NW Washington all the way from Montana. He went back, finished school, graduated, and came back for another quick visit before heading off to an internship with NASA for the summer and then starting his PhD in the Fall. We are all incredibly proud of him and his accomplishments, I just had to go find the article his school wrote about him so you can see why.
My beloved treadmill is broken down at the moment. Miss Holly kneeled on the cover at the front of the belt while turning the power button off last week and smashed a plastic housing into a gear. Andy figured that problem out pretty quick and solved it however he tried to blow out a bunch of dust with the air compressor and a tiny piece of solder bounced around the motor control board and shorted it out. A new one runs $210. *smh*
I got my new bike tuned up for Mother's Day. I rode my old bike while it was in the shop. Boy, what a difference! It made me love the new one even more. :) Here's where I posted a pic of her last year.
Maya is now 8 months old and all freaking puppy destructive. Oy vey! She has taken to gnawing on my deck when left outside. Better than barking, I guess, but geez!
My other younger brother, Andy, got married on May 4th. I wore the black dress, I felt like I looked amazing and judging by the compliments I received I was right. One cousin jokingly old Andy he had some nerve bringing his "skinny girlfriend" instead of his wife. hahaha We had the wedding photographer snap a few of the family and there were a bunch of me with the wedding party as well but the photographer hasn't released them yet.
Hmmm well that's about all I can think of to write about right now.
Happy Memorial Day.
2 comments:
Love your attitude toward your healthy weight vs. number on the scale goal. Rock it girl!!
It sounds like you are doing really well, good to hear. :-)
Post a Comment