If you & I are friends on FB you know that I took one of the twins through Week 1, Day 1 of Couch to 5k yesterday. I don't remember exactly when it happened but sometime during that my left foot started to hurt just behind my toes. I didn't think much of it. Then I took a 12 mile bike ride with Andy. Every down stroke with my left leg put pressure right on the ball of my foot and it hurt. I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and found myself limping it hurt so bad. This morning I could barely curl or flex my toes with out wincing. I also got to comparing it to my right foot and can see some swelling right over where it hurts the worst. A couple of G0Ogle searches later I am scared to death I have a stress fracture of the 3rd or 4th metatarsal. I called in to my primary Dr's office and they are getting me in today at 11:20. (My podiatrist was booked until late June.) Worst case there's a fracture and I'll be in a boot for 4 wks. Best case it's not fractured and I just need to rest for a few weeks. I'll come back and update ASAP.
**Edited to update:
I don't think I overreacted but my x-rays didn't show any fractures. My Dr is leaning more towards saying the pain is being caused by a Morton's Neuroma. Not as scary a diagnosis as a stress fracture but unfortunately there's not a whole lot that can be done to "fix" it. Just the old standby of rest & icing plus anti-inflammatory medication. Hopefully it will clear up with that course of action and I won't end up in a boot or having to have surgery to remove it. When I have shoes on it doesn't hurt to walk however barefoot is another painful story. :(
3 comments:
Heal up fast, Sarah! Sorry you're hurting!
Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com
Glad it's not a fracture. Get better soon. I know how much you love being active.
So how are you doing today? I hope you heal fast and so glad it wasn't something like a fracture.
Just take care of yourself.
Blessings!!
Post a Comment