I guess we all know by now that as of July 1st Google Reader will cease to exist. Personally I've been rather stubborn about leaving it just yet. I saw a few people suggesting bloglovin dot com as an alternative so I went and set up a feed but I didn't/don't like the format and can't figure out if it's changeable. This stuff needs to be intuitive/obvious for folks like me! I tried their style for a few days but gave up and went back to GR even after G took away all the direct links to get there. Then just a day or so ago I saw that someone was recommending feedly dot com. So I thought I'd give them a shot. Setting it up was super easy, it was just one click! I have to say I like that I can set my page view up to a more GR like format. Phew! So glad this big change won't be so traumatic when GR really does go away.
In other news Andy wasn't offered the position he applied for. It went to a candidate with a bit more education and experience in the exact field that job was in. Disappointing yes, but he's not giving up. He's found two more positions within the company to apply for. Send out some positive thoughts that one of them is a good fit all around for him, the company, and our family!
The season passes I purchased for the local water park back in December have already paid for themselves so to speak. We've been 4 times so far. All on weekends because they weren't open full time yet but as of yesterday they are. This past Saturday the place was packed and not as much fun, long lines for the slides and so many people in the activity pool you couldn't turn around without bumping into someone. I think we'll stick to week days from here out and leave the weekends to the tourists. :)
1 comment:
I hate change. :-) I went with Feedly too and it seems to be working out well.
Post a Comment