Monday - Run
Tuesday - Cross train
Wednesday - Run
Thursday- Cross train or Rest
Friday - Run
Saturday - Long run
Sunday - Rest
Here is the schedule for WEEK 1:
Mon -
Tues -
Wed - 3 miles
Thurs - Cross train
Fri - 3 miles
Sat - 6 miles
Sun - Rest
Mileage will increase weekly but also steps back every so often for recovery purposes.
I am currently at 1,515 miles for the year, so factoring out all the planned miles between now and Dec 31st and dividing by the 11 full weeks left I will need to bike about 20 miles a week to make my 2000 mile goal. It really sounds doable so long as I train smart and stay injury free. That also factors in an additional 1/2 mile in warm-ups/cool downs for each run.
Speaking of injuries I am going to an injury prevention screening provided by a physical therapist through my running store tonight. Could be the best $15 I spend all year.
No comments:
Post a Comment