Does that cook book exist? Something tells me it absolutely does but it wouldn't help me out much. I am thawing out some burger as we speak. At a total loss what the h*ll to do with it. We do tacos/wraps all the time, in fact we had had chicken fajitas last night. Don't feel like burgers. Kids hate meatloaf. We had chili last week. Spaghetti it is. LOL
Remember when I said I was going to increase my running in anticipation of marathon training? I jumped in a little too enthusiastically and strained some stuff in my lower legs and ankles. I knew better than to increase my mileage by more than 10% per week. After things started hurting I went back and looked over my history on dailymile dot com. Yeah I way overdid it. I don't think it is/was shin splints just tight muscles. A little self massage, foam rolling, ad compression socks seem to be helping loosen things back up. Got a niggling ache in my right hip too. I really need to be sure I cross train properly and strengthen the muscles that running doesn't so they can properly support the ones that do. I'm going to have to modify my plan slightly to work into it a little slower but it will all work out in the end.
I jokingly posted on FB about needing a corporate sponsor for training gear and my mom & dad stepped up with an offer of $100. I love my Brooks Defyance 6s and I had tried on the new Brooks Ghost 6 GTXs at the store but couldn't drop the $140 they wanted for them so when I found the 5s on clearance for $85 I sent my mom a link and had her order them for me. GTX stand for Gore-tex, they are waterproof but will let sweat out. And as many miles as I will be putting on I really needed to be able to alternate shoes. :)
I am currently sitting at 1475 miles out of the 2000 mile goal I set for this year. I haven't done the hard math since last week but I'm estimating that in addition to the scheduled running miles I'll need to do about 25 cross training miles per week until Dec 31st to make my goal. Enter these bad boys:
As of last night my treadmill is back in action! YAY! The elliptical which was on hiatus for the summer is all dusted off, lubed up, & ready to rock. And we have Old Blue set up on the CycleOps trainer, we even slapped a bike computer on the back wheel so I can track miles. :) :)
Next Monday is the first official day of marathon training. Look out for more updates!
My goal for this marathon is to finish strong.
1 comment:
Keep it up!!
As for hamburger - what about shepherds pie or just hamburger patties with gravy (instead of burgers, sloppy joes, or enchiladas
Post a Comment