I was right, last night's appointment was probably my best spent $15 in quite a while. She watched my run and said I still strike on my heels quite a bit which is something I thought I had trained myself out of. Not as much as I thought obviously so there's something I need to work on = mid-foot striking. She also said I am muscularly imbalanced in the trunk so I am tending to rotate more to the left than the right, I need to strengthen the right side of my core/trunk to created the balance needed. This also probably the cause of my right hip discomfort that comes and goes.
On my way home I was wracking my brain trying to think of something, anything really that I do better with my left side better than the right which is not much since I am right handed. Then it came to me! When I knead dough I end up kneading it almost exclusively with the left hand/arm/side my right side just can't keep up!! She recommended planks, right side planks, and right side lifts to help with this. She also recommended arch lifts for feet strengthening.
In other lucky news earlier this week I was one of the first 250 people to answer a survey about KT Tape and won a free roll of tape. Today I was informed that I won $100 towards a purchase at ADS Sports Eyewear. Of course I need prescription sunglasses so I'd still be out over $100 out of pocket if that's the purchase I choose.
Off to buy a Lotto ticket!
1 comment:
If you win big, I'm TOTALLY inviting myself for dinner! Haha! Glad you made some progress health wise.
Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com
Post a Comment