Friday, July 8, 2011

Bring Your Own Crazy!!

Drazil's new set of questions is out for this fine Friday! So here we go...

1. If you were asked to symbolize yourself as an animal – which animal would you be?
I thought about it and can't decide so I asked my kids.
In a bad mood a tasmanian devil and in a good mood a penguin. -Wyatt age 10
A mama cat. -Lydia age 5
A mama dog with little puppies. -Averill age 5

2. Did you ever play an organized sport – with coaches, rules and scoring? Tell us about it.
No. When I was six I went out for soccer. I was the only girl at the "try outs", I was super shy and scared of the male coaches. (I think my mom stayed home with my younger brothers and my older brother walked me to the field b/c he was trying out too.) I never went back.

3. When did you start shaving your legs?
7th grade, so I was 12. I remember when I realized I needed to like it was yesterday. I put on shorts for gym class and noticed they looked a kind of hairy but didn't think much of it. The look on some boy's face cemented that it was worse than I thought. Thank goodness he didn't loudly point it out or tease me I would have died from embarrassment! I started shaving the next day.


4. When you’re in a crabby – pissy – want to stab everyone you see kind of mood – what do you do to get out of it or do you revel in it?
 My family would probably say I revel in it but really if they would just leave me the hell alone I could actually do something to get out of it. A nap can help, if I'm left to sleep until I wake up on my own other wise watch out! Lately getting out for a run or a bike ride has helped.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blogland and in real life.
Blogland has been quiet. I was really busy with the holiday weekend and then the girls' birthday so I got behind on reading. I'm caught up now but wasn't able to comment a whole lot.
Real life, well I'm still looking for a part time job but it's a little less emergent, hubby sold his duck boat last weekend for cold, hard cash. We paid off a couple of small bills that were looming, bought the girls' b-day stuff, and stashed cash for groceries for the next month or so. What a relief!! 

2 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I love your answers to #1!

Rhonda said...

I just asked my kids what I am... I got "pig" and "hamster." I like your kids' answers better. :/