Sunday, July 17, 2011

Highest Mileage Week Ever

40 miles all told. A little over five was a single run and the rest were done on my bike. Hubby and I took some rides alone but also took the twins along on several, just not on their own bikes. We employ the bike trailer and a tag-a-long style bike when they go with us so it's a lot more work when they do. This is similar to what we're using if you've never heard of it or seen one: Wee Ride Co-pilot
 My mom bought the one we have used several years ago and it never got used, Holly was too big for it and it scared the piss out of Wyatt so it's been stored ever since. The twins? Well, they fight over getting to ride it. We have a little system in place alternating who goes first each trip then they switch when we hit our turn around point to head back to the truck.  They both love providing mommy with baby power! We're thinking about investing in another one but I want hubby to mount the thing on his bike and try it out first. The trailer is cumbersome to say the least and he doesn't get any "help" but he may not like the tag-a-long. Feeling the push from the rear and their weight rocking takes some getting used to but the girls and I pretty much have it down. We're also on the look-out for a hitch mounted bike rack for my Suburban, right now we have to hook up our utility trailer to be able to haul the bikes and kids at the same time. Who said biking was an inexpensive hobby? Sheesh!

Anyway, I've gotten way behind on my reading blogs this past week or so, I'm trying to catch up but I don't think I'll be doing much commenting.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!

7 comments:

Justawallflower said...

we just bought a hitch mount bike rack for the exact same reason. There are only three of us, but the bikes don't fit all at the same time. Good job on the mileage!

Anonymous said...

Biking and running are both expensive if you do it a lot. A good pair of running shoes is pricey along with races, etc.

Sam said...

It looks weird :o) But it does look like something the kids would love!!

Amanda said...

I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you are!! Good to hear from you!

Rhonda said...

Oh, that looks so fun! I might have to get one of those for my boys to share for when I go biking. :)

Amanda Kiska said...

I have a tag-along for my bike too. My girls now ride their own bikes, but it was nice when they were small. 40 miles is INCREDIBLE! Great job!

Becky said...

Those kids seats like that are awesome! We actually have one, but no bikes, grr!

Wtg, on riding 40 miles!