Thursday, July 28, 2011

Yellow Zone But No Fill Planned

I mentioned yesterday that I am in the yellow zone with my band and not getting a fill. Dawnya asked why not. I figured she's not the only one wondering so I'll answer publicly.

  1. Mostly I am terrified of my stomach getting irritated and Obi getting too tight again. Too tight is no way too live. 
  2. As it stands with only 2ccs in there I have had feelings of restriction in times of high stress in the past couple of weeks leading me to believe that I would have been nearly closed off had it been any tighter. Too tight is torture.
  3. I am at goal and maintaining for the most part, yes it's taking more head work than before but I'm OK with that. 
  4.  My free adjustments run out September 9th and I can not afford the $150 it's going to cost for each visit after that to fiddle around with it.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

If you're more or less at goal, I say keep it where it is! :) I'm a bit on the "loose" side myself (not really compared to you, but at 5 cc's people ask me why I don't get more!), so I understand. I don't like the stuck feelings. Being too tight is scary!

Keep up the great work. :)

Cece said...

You know your body better than anyone ... I appreciate your insights !

kagead said...

Your reasons for staying put all sound like good ones! Just throwing this out there to any newbies who may be reading- I am at 9.9ccs (in an 11cc band) and did not start losing until my fill level was over 8.

I'm going to shout now:
EVERY SINGLE PERSON IS DIFFERENT!!! :)

Dawnya said...

Sarah,

I totally understand. You know I'm a worried wart...so I had to ask.

As long as you are feeling good then I'm totally happy for you.

I totally understand the money part. I have to pay that amount as a copay for my insurance. Crazy.