I got a call from the nurse on Thursday morning letting me know that there was indeed a "small tear" in my calf muscle. The Dr had told me the ratio of the amount of pain and the severity of these injuries are usually very disproportionate. I didn't believe him, it hurt so bad I was sure it was probably a 3rd degree tear, thought the nurse didn't grade it I assume now it was probably a 1st degree tear. I can't even imagine the pain from a 2nd or 3rd degree tear, when this made me want to hack my leg off.
I was on crutches when I was up at all on Thurs. Friday if I kept my heel up I could put weight on it awkward and unsteady but better. Saturday I could put my foot flat on the ground but walked with a weird limp because I couldn't push on with my forefoot with any force or it hurt. I took he twins to a play date at the aquatic center in town and since I wasn't going to just leave them I paid to get in too and spent nearly an hour in the hot tub gently massaging and stretching it. I've had to to be up and around more yesterday and today and I am feeling it. The calf is sore and it felt like it cramped a bit at one point today.
I go back for a follow up on Thursday morning. We'll see if my Dr thinks PT is necessary or not. Thanking my lucky stars it wasn't my Achille's tendon or more severely torn!! I will run again, not soon, but I will run again!!
Have you ever seriously injured yourself doing something something as innocuous as taking out the trash?
2 comments:
I am so glad you did not snap your Achilles, which was my fear when I read of your pain level. Do not do too much!
Wow!! I remember being down in my back for a week after something tweaked in my back while blowdrying my hair. I was only 16ish!
Post a Comment