Thursday, March 20, 2014

Ten Things Thursday

1. Follow up with my primary care Dr this morning for my calf. It is a LOT better, I can almost walk with out a limp now. A bruise finally came up over what had been the point of pain confirming to me that's where the tear actually occurred. I'm going to ask her to print out the MRI for a souvenir.

2. I really don't think PT will be necessary as quickly as it seems to be getting better. Probably have to lay off running still for a while but I read somewhere that ellipticall-ing was OK so if she gives me the go ahead I'll give it a try.

3. The chicks are getting big!! Here they are roosting.

4. I was super stoked and all bent to sign up for this race yesterday until I saw how much it costs. Beat the Blerch Add to that it's a 2 hour drive from here, one way, I'm not so sure anymore. If I could get someone to meet up and run with me I'd go for sure but it's a long way for a solo run, kwim? I'd probably do the 10k or the half marathon. But if I'm going to drive that far, maybe the full isn't out of the question.... Bueller? JULIE?

5. I haven't been on the scale lately, I can tell it's not good though. I'm a little nervous to get weighed today at the Dr. I haven't been wanting to wear my jeans, just yoga pants, my jeans are a bit snug. :(

6. We are doing a streamline refinance of our mortgage. We will drop our interest rate by 2% and reduce our P&I by over $200/month. YAY! :)

7. I've decided that getting up at 5am with Andy just isn't working out. We stay up too late, he can function on 4-6 hours of sleep, I can not. Going to bed earlier than 10:30 or so never works out. I'll pack his lunch the night before and he's on his own for breakfast. I also traded breakfast for putting his laundry away for him.

8. I thought I was suffering from some severe allergies last week, I checked the pollen counts and saw that cedar and juniper were way high so it mad sense since we have both of those in our yard and we'd been sleeping with the window open. But anti-allergy pills didn't seem to be working and I felt like poo. Now I'm feeling better, must have been a cold on top of allergies. blech

9. All showered, dressed, and ready to see the Dr!

10. Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

Beth Ann said...

I have to be in bed by 9:30 and asleep by 10:00 to get up at 5 for CrossFit. Even then, I can't seem to do it every night. This girl needs her sleep!

Laura Belle said...

My husband is the same...he can just jump in the morning after getting to bed at midnight. Me....not so much. I've tried and tried through the years to make it on just 6 hours of sleep, but I find I'm a crankypants.

It's 8 hours minimum for me. And I could really go longer. Sleep is my bestie.

Glad your knee is better!! Or getting better! Just don't push too hard!

PS, Turkey season is coming up and I'm beyond excited!!!!

FreeJulie said...

That looks like a cute event in a nice place (I like flat and don't mind out and back). But why so much??? Yikes - that's expensive for what I'm guessing is a small race!