- Where to start?
- Chickens. We're going to get egg laying chickens. I am so excited, every Spring we think about it and ultimately decide not to do it. We have the space and plenty of children who are old enough to help out so I think it's time. I went out to the yard to scout coop locations and came up with what I think is a brilliant idea. :) We'll see what my master carpenter has to say later when I tell him.
- Any advice for a newby chicken person? I bought Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens a few years ago another time we were contemplating having them but all the info makes it sound so cut and dried but I can see by how my neighbor houses her chickens that just about anything will work.
- I think I am still recovering from the marathon. Nothing major, no injuries per se just a bit more prone to being sore after a run or work out these days. I'm trying to take it kind of easy still. I've been doing a Run one day, Elliptical the next (my bike trainer is disassembled right now), Rest, Repeat.
- Still kicking around the idea of the triathlon. Questioning if I have the time and resources to devote to training for 3 different disciplines.
- I currently multi-tasking. Writing this post, researching chickens, figuring out bills for tomorrow, listening to music, and Facebook-ing. Something's got to give here or I'm going to screw up the bills again.
- Maya the Wonder Dog broke a jelly jar 2 weeks ago (took it out of the recycling bin in the back yard), cut her tongue licking it, and cost us $200 in xrays to make sure she didn't swallow any large pieces of glass. *sigh* Emptied our vacation fund. Worth it but still frustrating because I told my hubby & son to move the bins into the green house when they brought them in the last time b/c she had taken a jar the week before.
- My oldest is learning to drive. Doesn't do good things for my anxiety.
- Allergy season is starting again, if I had any doubts if I have seasonal allergies they are gone now. Dull headache and stuffy nose for days. High pollen counts for cedar/juniper family, have those in my yard. Achoo!
- Have a great weekend, y'all!
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Ten Things!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love chickens!! We had our own for several years then my parents got custody of them in the divorce, haha. The last one finally died last year. :(
It's a blast, you will love it! The best advice I can give is to really secure their yard - things do love to get in and eat them.
My oldest is learning to drive, too, ack!
I will live vicariously through your chickens - I can't have them right now but will when we're in a different place.
OMG...chickens! Eggs! That would be awesome!
You're so lucky getting chickens! You amaze me with your physical ability. I say go for it!
Free range or fenced in? Mine are free range and yes I do lose a third of my flock each year to the wild life so that means we hatch a third more than we need. We use our chickens for the tick population. It's the highest in our county than any where else in the US so it's a need for us to keep us and our pets safe.
I taught Mike to drive and though there were moments he's now 22 with not an accident/ticket/nothing so just be patient and kind and no screaming and hanging on to tight.
Allergy season, UGH!!! Mine started in November and we've had 10' of snow so you'd think that it wouldn't bother me.
Take care and God Bless!!
Post a Comment