- Breakfast -
- Coffee, 3 splend@ packs, splash of 1/2 n 1/2 followed by
- One packet of plain oatmeal w/ a packet of Splend@, a tsp of syrup, & and a tsp of butter OR
- One egg - over easy or scrambled, sometimes I throw in a shredded piece of lunch meat w/ 1/4 to 1/2 piece of toast (depends on how tight I am that day) OR
- Yogurt w/ Kashi Go-Lean or Go-Lean Crunch mixed in
- Lunch-
- Tuna salad or chicken salad w/ a couple of Kashi TLC grain crackers
- Leftovers from dinner the night before
- A couple of slices of lunch meat (ham or turkey), a string cheese, & a couple of crackers
- Dinner-
- Whatever I fix for the family except for the pasta or rice for sure. I always serve a protein and a veg and sometimes a starch as well.
I'm getting in 96-128 oz of water everyday drinking between meals and up until about an hour or so before bed.
Things that make Obi act like a trampoline:
- Rice
- Soft bread
- Pasta - OK so I haven't tried it really but who wants to tempt fate?
- BBQ sauce - Cooked on meat is OK, but can cause discomfort eaten straight up as a dipping sauce
- Lemonade - I have only tried Crystal Lite but it trampolined on me, I did try to guzzle it like water maybe that was the issue.
- Triscuits
- Salad - Didn't chew well enough? I don't know but I haven't wanted to try it again.
Exercise
Starting on or about August 26th I started walking on my treadmill 5 days a week. I gave myself a 1 hour time limit and a goal of getting 3 miles in in that hour. When I accomplished that and it started getting easy I started adding in short jogs (1-3 minutes) and kept the hour time limit. Gradually adding mileage. I can now do 4 miles in under 65 minutes. I read you shouldn't try to increase distance and speed at the same time so I let myself go over the hour mark until I get to 4 miles.
I also added in the C25K program a few weeks ago, I am trying to use it to transition to outdoor running. I now run every other day to avoid stress and injury to my feet and knees. It's amazing to see how different treadnill vs. road running are from each other. I am currently repeating Week 3 because I was unable to run outside last week due to poor road conditions.
I am also starting to add in strength training a couple days a week. I am using my Wii Fit for this part.
In other news, I am excited to participate in the Jingle Bell Walk/Run for the Arthritis Foundation this Saturday. I chose the 2 mile walk for my first public athletic event. I'll be going it alone unless I run into some old co-workers who have a team. I doubt they will even remember or recognize me though, it's been 4.5 years since I quit and I was only there 18 months prior to quitting. Oh well, their loss. :)
Have a great week everyone!
1 comment:
You are doing great... and you look great! I am glad you posted what you eat... I need some help getting back on track with what I am doing.
Post a Comment