It's been one hell of a week around here so far with more of the same on the horizon. My gripe is first, followed by a positive point cause that's how I roll.
~The Hubster left Sunday morning for a 2 week business trip to Houston. Honestly things aren't much different than when he is here except I don't have to clean up after him too. We had a massive blow out over his extremely selfish behavior lately on Saturday night. I *think* I may actually have gotten through to him.
~I have very, very little cash until next Friday because the lady who does payroll at Hubster's work forgot to put in his overtime and call-outs into the system. The bills were paid on time and we had enough to get groceries but just barely. Thankfully, Hubster's company gives him a corporate credit card and a generous per meal allowance so I don't have to worry about him while he's away.
~The Girl's 13th birthday was Tuesday & I was only able to get her one kind of lousy gift. Luckily she understood our circumstances.
~I had a freak accident involving a toothbrush on Saturday resulting in agony up until just today. Today I can chew and move my lower lip again with out pain.
~My grandparents leave today and I didn't spent nearly as much time with them as I intended to. I got to see them for the first time in 2 years, they enjoyed seeing my kids (and the rest of the family of course) and I'm sure all the kids will remember this visit.
~Hubster is going in for major reconstructive surgery on his right foot on December 15th. For insurance reasons (deductibles/co-pays) it make the most sense to do it before the end of the year but it means a lot of work for me with him basically an invalid and all 4 kids underfoot all day, everyday December 18th - January 2nd. There is a good chance this will relieve at least some of his chronic pain.
~I only lost 1 pound in the last week. At least I didn't gain anything! And my new figure was a big hit at Thanksgiving! I am not discouraged!
So there's that. My current situation in a nut shell. Of course that's not ALL of what's going on but it's the more significant things that have been on my mild this week.
9 comments:
Love the positive spin! I hope things get better for you.
A positive attitude always helps - even when you feel like nothing can. Hope the week gets better.
Love the positivity! 1 pound over Thanksgiving is great! I hope your hubby does well with foot reconstruction. That's rough - but I completely get the insurance requirements. We are socking it all in right now, too, seems like...
I just want to know...what the freak accident with a toothbrush was. Sounds crazy!
Hope it all turns around to match the attitude soon!
I loved the format of your post -- especially the positive stuff. Can you come hang out with me? I am hoping it will rub off on me, lol!!
I hope it all gets better soon!!!
I was walking around my bedroom picking up laundry, talking to hubby, and brushing my teeth because I am a total multi-tasker.
I brushed the my front of my bottom teeth and made a motion to turn the corner to the outer left side. Somehow the brush was angled wrong and I jabbed my gums just above the pocket where they meet my lip with the tip of the brush. By Monday morning I had 3 canker sores. Owie zowie!
One pound loss during the Thanksgiving week is great - good for you.
I don't envy you having to take care of DH and 4 children during the Christmas week but I am sure you can do it - just keep saying to yourself
"this too will pass" :)
Sounds like you've had a really rough time, like the positive spin on things. 1 pound loss is great, well done!
WooHoo! You are in the 160s! Congratulations.
Post a Comment