Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Making Progress

I weighed myself this morning and saw a new low of 170.2! I'll be seeing the 160's in the next week or so. I don't see Thanksgiving as an obstacle.

I've been running every other day to allow my body time to rest and heal, I really feel it in my knees if I don't. I'm working on week 3 of the Couch to 5K program. I had been running outside weather permitting but it's been hella cold here with snow and ice so I've had to use my treadmill instead. It's in the detached unheated garage so I still have to dress like I'm going outside though.

Aside from the occasional PB episode all is well with Obi.

Nothing much else to report. The parent teacher conferences went well last week, no real surprises. I can see why The Girl has trouble with one teacher in particular. She was very condescending and a little immature. If you ask me, teaching pre-teens and parenting pre-teens (Her own kids are only 2 &4.) are two different things. I can't/won't tell her how to run her classroom so she should do the same about how I parent The Girl. Thankyouverymuch.

Hope you all have a wonderful, safe & happy Thanksgiving!!

6 comments:

Blubeari said...

Congrats on the new low! You're doing great. :-)

Amaris said...

Congrats! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Patrick said...

Congrats on the new low...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Jen said...

Congrats on your progress!!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure teachers have NO idea what parents go through if they do not have (or have not had) kids that age of their own.

I have an aunt who was a teacher for 20 years, but has never been a parent --- she drives me straight up a wall with all her "expert" advice on child-rearing.

Christine said...

Congrats on the new low! And Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! Congrats!