Monday, November 1, 2010

Time...it's a flyin'

November 1st already. Wow! The busy season is coming up fast for my family. We have Thanksgiving, 3 birthdays, Christmas, & our wedding anniversary all with DH traveling a lot for work in the next 3 months.

I have my third fill scheduled for this Wednesday. I've lost 10 lbs in the past 4 weeks. Restriction is OK, portion size still down but having hungry afternoons. I don't want her to go overboard like last time so I'm going to ask for just little bump.

The kids had a great time Trick or Treating last night. This year was the first time that the twins had a good grasp on what Halloween is all about, CANDY! We had been counting down sleeps since Oct 3rd or so.  I couldn't stay out of the Reese's Pieces last night but Hubby hid the bags so I'm not tempted today.


Now to share some non-scale victories!

NSV #1 - I jogged at 4mph on the treadmill last night for over 30 minutes!! Two months ago I could barely do 2 minutes. I definitely raised my heart rate and broke a sweat but I wasn't sucking wind when I decided to start cooling down. It was my knees that I was starting to feel. When I came in I iced them down and took an Aleve. They feel fine today but I think I'll stick to a gentle walk today so I don't over do it.

NSV #2 - I went and bought new pj's & a robe yesterday. All size Large and they fit well! Saying farewell to my 3x's today.

NSV #3 - My wedding set went flying off my hand the other day while I was doing laundry so I took it in to be sized down. They are taking it from 7 3/4 to a 6+. Until I pick it up on Thursday I am wearing what was my promise ring, an amethyst solitaire on a silver band. It's probably a size 6 and pretty tight but the band is narrow so it's not uncomfortable.

What's going on in your world today?

10 comments:

Christine said...

Congrats on your NSVs!!! Those are fantastico!!!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Congratulations on those NSV'S!!!

Ms. M said...

Great NSVs!

In my world today, I'm making a schedule & meal planning. :)

Something About Kellie said...

Those NSV's are fantastic! Glad you diodn't lose the rings. I am looking forward to posting some NSV of my own in the new year!

Island Bandit said...

wonderful ways to mark your progress :)

Silverhairedgoddess said...

Congratulations on the 10 lb. weight loss - and wow... all those NSV's - you should be very proud.

Anonymous said...

10lbs in 4 weeks? Wow! Awesome :)

nikki said...

Fantastic treadmill workout girl! :) Happy to hear all your fabulous NSV's!

Liz said...

Holy wow! You are doing so amazing. Can I be you when I grow up?! :)

The Ninja said...

Congrats on you NSV's(I jst figured out what that meant) So great about your rings! Mine just started to fit again. I have humongous man hands and the size 7 band I got when we were married was on my pinky for about 2 years. Since losing 34 pounds, it's now back to it's rightful place, and I'm so excited for when I can wear both of my rings at the same time. Together they are very thick and it's still not comfortable.