Kelly at Kelly is Losing It issued a 5k challenge back in September. I didn't hear about it until last week but decided to do it anyway. Today was Week 1 Day 3 of my C25K training so I incorporated the challenge into my work out. I got on the treadmill and did the C25K portion first intending to stop at 3.1 total miles.
At the 25 minute mark the last running portion starts at that point I was at 1.5 miles. I started running, I ran through the 5 minutes cool down and kept going. I told myself, "First goal run 1mile!" I've done it before on the treadmill so I knew I could. As I neared the 3.1 miles mark I was still feeling really good and I thought, "I can do this! I'm not going to stop until the read out says 4.6 miles total." And I did it! I did another few minutes to cool down and ended at 75 minutes with a total of just under 4.75 miles. So yes I *ran* 5k today, without stopping. On a treadmill. Could I have done it outside in the real world? No, not yet anyway. But I will! That's what the C25K training is all about. (I just didn't have anyone to watch the twins so I could run around the neighborhood.)
How do you like me now?
11 comments:
I am truly impressed. I could walk it no prob, but run it? Nope. Good for you!!!!
Sarah - thanks so much for the comment. I'm going to post your photos on my blog right now.
Great job!
Awesome job! :)
I adore you now!
YAY!!! That's fantastic! You're way ahead of your C25K timeline too. :D
And thank you for participating! I absolutely love all your sweaty hotness!
Awesomeness!! Way to go! So proud of you! :)
Fantastic!!! I just started the C25K thing and am very excited about the prospect of it. I love good 'ol fashioned sweat! Way to go!
Wooo hooooooo!!!!
Well done :)
Post a Comment