Thursday, November 11, 2010

C25K - Oh yes I Am!

First of all, Thank You to all of our Veterans who have served and continue to serve our country!  And their wives, husbands, family, and friends for supporting those men and women through it all!

I finally downloaded a Couch to 5k app onto my iPod Touch this morning and I hit the road for Week 1 Day 1. I liked it!  I need the help  to transition or at least get used to running outside in the real world. It's a way different experience than running on the treadmill! I did have to check my pace a couple of times so I didn't burn myself out. I was able to listen to my own music and the app just chimed in when necessary to tell me to run or walk. I was a little self conscious since a lot more of my neighbors are home today than normal on a weekday morning due to the holiday. I didn't wear my glasses so I figure if I couldn't see them they weren't really there. LOL The C25K program is a 3 day a week thing but I'm used to hitting the treadmill almost everyday so I think I'll keep that up but just walk and use the incline to challenge myself on treadmill days.

3 comments:

Blubeari said...

That app MADE me a runner, when I had been trying to be one for years. I can't say enough good things about it. I'm a C25K graduate and running 3 miles now! I hope you have as much success with it as I did. :-D

Bonnie said...

I hope to do more with running after I lose some more weight. It hurts too much right now so I like the eliptical and taking classes. I want to give Zumba a try.

Sarah said...

Good for you .. keep it up - I am hoping to get back on the 5K wagon soon!